Cannes & the Lerins Islands
Close to the bay of La Napoule, a beautiful harbour below the Estérel, lies Cannes, sheltered by a screen of hills. Famous for the beauty of its setting, its mild climate and the splendour of its artistic events, Cannes is known all over the world for its film festival on La Croisette, its majestic palaces and its luxury shops. It is one of the world’s leading tourist city. All year you can enjoy shows, exhibitions, congresses and cultural events. On summer nights you will have the priviledge of watching the amazing musical fireworks of the pyrotechnic art festival from the boat.
Further offshore, the Iles de Lérins , wild and authentic, offer a splendid panorama from Cap Roux to Cap d’Antibes. Anchored between the two islands, you will discover the medieval castle of Sainte Marguerite by walking under the ancient pine and eucalyptus trees. On Saint Honorat you will admire the fortifications of its ancient monastery.
Jazz lovers will be delighted by the Juan les Pins jazz festival which welcomes the world’s best jazz musicians on an open-air stage under pine trees and facing the sea. Antibes and its Musée Picasso are well worth a visit. You will stroll along its picturesque streets or watch the many regattas in the bay.
Exemple of a cruise close to Cannes
Lerins Islands and the Esterel Coast in a week
- Day 1: boarding in Cannes with the dinghy, arrival on the catamaran, aperitif and getting to know the crew, the boat and talk about the program of the week
- Day 2: Bathing and recreation, hiking on one either Saint-Marguerite or Saint-Honorat
- Day 3: Navigation towards Juan/Antibes, visits on shore and navigation to Théoule-sur-Mer in the afternoon
- Day 4: Day at the beach in Théoule, visit of the city and the castle, costal navigation along the Esterel to the “Ile d’Or’ and Dramont.
- Day 5: Beautiful hike at Dramont, and sailing back to the Lerins Islands
- Day 6: Bathing and recreation, snorkeling or whatever you like, visiting the islands and enjoying the last evening on anchorage
- Day 7: Back to Cannes in the morning after breakfast
Lerins Islands in a week-end
- Day 1: Boarding in Cannes in the morning and arrival on the catamaran by dinghy. Sailing to the islands, aperitif and getting to know the crew, the boat and talk about the program. Lunch and fun time in the afternoon, kayak, SUP etc are free to use.
- Day 2: Breakfast, bathing and recreation or hiking on St.Marguerite, lunch and sailing in the afternoon
- Day 3: Back to Cannes after breakfast